Gardeners Collection - Simple Review #1463445677

Turnaround Time

Plants look to be rooted right after they were ordered! (Yes, it took that long to get delivery!) No information was shipped with the plants and seeds.

Some were seeds, NOT plants.

Description of plants/seeds were bogus & @ best misleading. Save your time and money, avoid this outfit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gardeners Collection Plant.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Gardeners Collection - I did not get what I paid for

Around March 14th, I responded to an online ad for rainbow bell peppers. The price listed was for "Item: 0042 and the price was "6 for $9.98 plus shipping.

I was under the impression that I was buying transplants. I tried to order online, but I had a problem getting an account, so I called the number listed and ordered on the phone. The package came yesterday. Then I discovered that it contained a tray of six 3" x 3" small peat moss grow pots and a small packet of seeds in a little zip-lock bag.

The enclosed instructions refer to "pellets", which I assume were also supposed to be made of peat moss, to be hydrated and then used to plant the seeds. Of course, the pellets were not included in the package. When I tried to call the customer service number given in the ad, I discovered that it was not in service anymore. I am enclosing a picture of the Gardeners Collection online advertisement.

Do I have any recourse?

Eve A. Krupka

Product or Service Mentioned: Gardeners Collection Plant.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Gardeners Collection - Simple Review #1459271271

1.3
Turnaround Time

I placed an order last year 2015 and was charged and never received the plants! They told me i would receive an additional order on top of the old one free of charge this year.

When i called this year to confirm, the lady told me i would only receive the original order free of shipping charge! Do not order from this place!

Product or Service Mentioned: Gardeners Collection Plant.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Gardeners Collection - Dead Plants 2 years and counting

I have been successfully gardening for a little more than a half a century last year I order some blackberry plants along with some strawberry plants I was supposed to get for free. When they came I knew instantly they were dead however I gave the poor plants a chance and potted them the day they came in. After about six weeks I called them and some lady said that it was too late to ship anything out this year and when the season opened next year they would reship my order. Well I got 4 (four) plants in the mail on 05/19/2016, and again they already looked dead so I again potted them and so far no sign of life in those plants. Just this morning I scratched the bark of each stick and there is no sign of green just brown dead stalks. My advice to you is stay away from Gardner’s Collection it is a ripe off either they have no live plants or they just do not know how to take care of rooted stock and ship it.

James Lipsey,

New Port Richey, Florida

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Not satisfied at all.

Gardeners Collection - Poor quality

I ordered 2 hummingbird plants & got 2 free. When they arrived they were dried out sticks, dirt on the bottom was dried up.

I ordered the 6 kiwi vines & what arrived was a sealed zip lock bag of green & black slime. Raspberries never arrived. I sent a complaint with my order information. Their only saving grace was that within 24 hours asked for my phone #.

When they called they apologized & sent out another shipment no charge. Well, 4 hummingbird plants arrived, sticks. Kiwi vine arrived, 6 sticks. Raspberries arrived, 6 sticks.

I have never heard of a raspberry starting from a stick. Another complaint was sent today & I don't want another shipment, I want a refund.

Good luck huh. Never will I buy again.

Gardeners Collection - Paid but never received anything

I paid for several plants to the sum of $98.00 and never received them. Their customer service was a joke. After a couple of phone calls that they don't answer someone did call back a day or two later. First I was told the plants were back ordered. Then I was told the plants were shipped but must have been lost in the mail.

I had everything documented. I contacted the Attorney General and the Consumer Protection agency in Connecticut by mail and gave them copies of all of my information. I received letters from both agencies and even a phone call from the Attorney Generals Office.

I did eventually get my $98.00 back.

Don't give up, keep fighting back and contact the agencies I mentioned.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gardeners Collection Plant.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Gardeners Collection - RIP OFF

I spent over $150 to buy a variety of plants, almost none of which grew up. All the roses died, the strawberry plants died and then of the other plants up come up.

They gave me a partial refund but it is as if I paid all the money for nothing. Moreover, they promised to replace some plants, and then told me they were backordered, and that they could not be had at all in the first place. A total junk house, avoid this company!

They could not even supply the two planters that I had paid for! Do not Be fooled by there pretty catalog.

Gardeners Collection - Order arrived too early for CT. poor quality

My order arrived in Ct the first week in April. At the time there was two feet of snow on the ground.

Our growing season does not really start until after Mothers Day. The tomato plants arrived frozen as well as some of the other plants. I was not able to save most of the plants before the correct planting time. The quality was poor for all the plants.

I called as soon as I received the order. They informed me that the order should not have gone out for my area and that they would send me a new order. After several calls and emails, I never heard from them again. I am out $65.82.

for plants and that does not cover the shipping and tax which came to $81.83.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gardeners Collection Plant.

I didn't like: Lied about shipments, I did not get what i paid for, Poor quality control, Poor customer service.

Gardeners Collection - Useless

Ordered 4 Hummingbird vines. Took 46 days to get them.

Dried out, soaked and planted, 3 dead, one sign of life. Will never attract Humminbirds. Should have know better to order like this. Should have gone to Home Depo and tried to find something.

I am sure the one surviving plant will not attract anything, certainly not this migration year. Advertisement is all hype with very poor service and results.

I am sure there are many people out there who were totally surprised when they received their tiny little box with dried our Hummingbird vines. Wrapped in tissue that was dry!!!!!!!!!!!

Gardeners Collection - Misrepresented products

I received a glowing promotional email and foolishly purchased product and waited FOREVER for the product to arrive only to discover that my super hardy lavender plants were actually leggy seedlings wrapped in wet paper. My grand plans for a entranceway to the house lined with lavender will have to wait until I either buy mature plants or grow the seedlings on (assuming they survive transplanting?).

I feel like a fool and cannot believe that these people are not in prison. How they manage to sleep at night is questionable but I guess greed knows no bounds!I can only suspect that legally they did no wrong, I ordered and paid for plants and they accepted my money and gave me seedlings, what a fool!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Lavender Special